Cyber Policy of DPS Amritsar
- Identity hacking or making a fake profile of any student, teacher or any staff member of school will be treated as Cyber crime and will be treated under cyber law.
- Students will not use any harsh language about any student or school itself on any social media platform. If done will be treated as a Cyber Bullying case.
Students cannot upload their photographs taken in school premises without permission.
- Students cannot upload or write anything involving school name.
- Students are not allowed to bring cellphones in school.
- Students are not allowed to take photographs in the washroom, classroom or any other place involving school property.
- Online staking and sending unnecessary messages and pictures will be treated under cyber law.
- Defamation: Social media, email groups, bulletin boards and other digital spaces enable widespread offensive content against a person to be posted. Offensive messages such as body shaming, name calling on social media especially can be very hurtful. As the messages spread around so quickly it can cause a lot of distress to the person targeted. Although defamation is not a criminal offence it is unethical and should be avoided.
- Posting or sharing of inappropriate images and comments online or through WhatsApp
- Violation of privacy: Uses any electronic device and/or online medium to record, circulate, transmit, publish or bring into the public domain any image, photograph, film, videotape, MMS etc. that has private parts of a child captured in violation of his privacy commits the offence of ‘Violation of privacy of a child’.
- Impersonation: Sending someone messages by assuming a false identity.
Unauthorised access: Hacking someone’s computer, email or social networking account.
- Plagiarism: Using words, ideas, images or data of another person without attributing the source.
- Misrepresentation: Falsification of age for the purpose of creating accounts or accessing certain websites. It amounts to entering under a contract with the service provider based on misrepresentation of facts and real identity